Sunday, July 25, 2010

Crafts: Act 1, Scene 1: DeNami Sketch Challenge 3

My biggest inspiration, when it comes to card-making, is DeNami Design Rubber Stamps (www.denamidesign.com). While I own an ever-increasing collection of stamps from several different companies, I find myself drawn to and inspired most by DeNami. Their images are both elegant and gorgeous as well as whimsical and adorable. I have fallen head over heels in love with this company, and I have had a blast over the past several months entering their challenges. Their current challenge is Sketch Challenge #3. The above picture acts as the template for my newest creation. Below you will see my entry into this challenge. I plan to show you some of my past favorite submissions on my shiny, new blog, but for now, check this out: I created this card using DeNami stamps that I just recently won via a DeNami giveaway. Ecstatic does not even describe how elated I was when I won! I jumped up and down for days, and about the time I calmed myself down the package arrived, so I started bouncing up and down all over again! On this card, I used the following supplies: Stamp: Polka Dot border by DeNami Design; Ink: New Sprout by Memento Stamp: Paw print stamp by DeNami Design, Ink: Lilac Posies by Memento Stamp: Doggy Bone stamp by DeNami Design; Ink: Bahama Blue by Memento Stamp: Doghouse stamp by DeNami Design; Ink: Tuxedo Black by Memento, colored with Copic marker & colored pencil Stamp: Poodle stamp (part of Playful Puppies set) by DeNami Design; Ink: Tuxedo Black by Memento; Accents: Fun Fluff by DeNami Design & Distress Stickles in Black Soot Stamp: hi! stamp(part of Everyday Greetings set) by DeNami Design; Ink: Tuxedo Black by Memento; Accents: Stickles in Magenta Ribbons from Celebrate It! by Michael's Button is covered with Stickles in Turquoise Paper is a combination of DCWV & other scraps. White cardstock from The Paper Company. Let me know what you think! Love, Amy

12 comments:

Michele Gross said...

I'm so glad you have a blog now! Just signed up to be a follower :D Love this card to pieces! The background paper you created is sooooo stinkin' cute! Glad you used your goodies to play with us at the DeNami challenge! :)

Paulina said...

This is so darling! I love all of the fun colors, and it makes me happy to know that you are already putting your stamps to use. :)

I LOVED reading how our company inspires you- that really made my day. We are so blessed to have wonderful followers like yourself; you make our job SO much fun!

Thanks for joining us in this DeNami challenge!

Laurie Chilton said...

Hi Amy...Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love the bling on your ribbon it is so so cute. Beautiful card! So glad you decided to join us for the DeNami challenge. Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful creations. :)

Jenny said...

Very cute! Love it!! *Ü* *Ü* *Ü* *Ü* *Ü*

Amy Schumacher said...

Thanks, ladies! I'm so excited to have 'followers' now! I feel so...OFFICIAL! :)
I've been hoping to start a blog ever since I first discovered DeNami's blog, and I've been so in awe of all the Design Team's blogs. My crazy schedule doesn't afford me a lot of free time, but I finally realized that I just need to MAKE the time. It's just such a fun creative outlet, and I love getting comments and feedback! I know I go on and on about my love of DeNami all the time, but it's 100% true. With other companies, I like certain stamps. With DeNami, my little heart goes pitter patter whenever I look at the website or at my local stamp store. The overall style just really suits my personality, and I am inspired to try techniques and products that I never thought to try before! I'm so grateful to be able to participate in such a fun community of people, and I hope to get to know you all more!

Thanks again for your comments!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy!
Super cute card! I love your glittery ribbon! Such a fun detail! I'm so happy you participated in this month's DeNami sketch challenge. Your entries are always so cute and fun! Oh, and big congrats on entering the "blog world". You're going to LOVE it! and now we have a place to visit to see all your adorable creations and also learn more about you! :)

Jenny said...

Welcome to Blog Land! This is a super cute card!! You did a wonderful job with my sketch!! My favorite part is the sparkle ribbon at the top!! Thanks for playing with us in the DeNami Challenge!!

Unknown said...

Welcome to Blogging Amy! You will enjoy it! So glad you like the puppies you won, they are so stinkin cute! Love how you used such bright colors with them, I tend to do boring neutrals with them so far.

Tenia Nelson said...

Very very cute!!!

Amy Schumacher said...

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Wendy, there is NOTHING "boring" about your cards. You always make GORGEOUS creations. Your neutrals are so sophisticated and stunning!

Sherri Everett Thompson said...

Congrats on being in the "Spotlight", Amy! What a cute card-I loved these playful Puppies stamps, too-the day they came was a happy mail day! :)

Anonymous said...

Hiii Amy! Just came by again to say CONGRATS on winning "Fab 3 Spotlight"! It's definitely well deserved! :)