Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Crafts: Act 1, Scene 2: DeNami Sketch Challenge 3, entry #2

As the deadline for the DeNami Design Sketch Challenge #3 quickly approaches (see details in last post), I decided to make another entry. However, I wanted to put a little spin on it, so I rotated the sketch counter-clockwise. I'm thrilled with how this card turned out, especially since I made it specifically for a family birthday (You'll know who you are when you receive it!). To mix things up even more, I used several different techniques and products which I will describe below. This card simply makes me smile, and I hope it has the same effect on you! Love, Amy I'm including a second picture so you can really see the different dimensions of this card. To give the balloons a shiny look, I used Diamond Glaze. Also, Stickles are the best! All the glitter you see on the card is created using Stickles. If you've never used them, I strongly suggest going and buying some now. You will get addicted (It's all your fault, Cindy & Wayne!). I added extra mounting foam behind the balloons to make them look like they are floating away, and I also gave the present added depth. Supply List: Stamps: Balloons (DeNami Design), Heart Present (DeNami Design), Happy Birthday (part of word set by The Paper Studio), Patterned Background (part of set by Martha Stewart), Small Dotted Circle (part of set by Inkadinkado), Small Heart (part of set by Hero Arts), Small Flower (part of set by Hero Arts) Paper: Blue card (The Paper Company), Purple textured (DCWV), Patterned paper (S*E*I, "Happy Day" set) Inks: Tuxedo Black (Memento), White (Stampabilities), Silver (Stampabilities), Orchid (Brilliance), Ice Jade (Color Box Chalk) Other: Diamond Glaze, Glitz Stickles (Grape), Stickles (Cotton Candy, Baby Blue), Copic Markers, Spica Glitter Markers, Gelly Roll White Pen, Colored Pencil

6 comments:

Michele Gross said...

I love those balloons! :) Love the sparkle and shine-really great card and sure to make that special someone very happy on their birthday! Glad you could play with us again at the DeNami Design challenge!

Paulina said...

I didn't realize that you shopped at Papertrix- Cindy is so nice! I know she does a great job at keeping DeNami stocked in her store. :)

This card is so fun- really like the way you rotated it! We're glad you were able to join us again!

Unknown said...

I love those "older" DeNami stamps. Great job flipping the sketch too! I am jealous you get to shop at Papeptrix... such a fun & unique store. I was there visiting last fall as an instructor, would love to visit again.

Amy Schumacher said...

Thanks for the great comments, ladies! I really appreciate it! Yes, I am one lucky girl, getting to shop at Papertrix. It's practically my second home. I'm there every week, drooling over all the fantastic stuff. I have never seen a store, let alone one as small as theirs, with so much merchandise! The selection is AMAZING, and Cindy is constantly ordering new, fabulous products. She and Wayne are so enthusiastic and supportive. I just adore them and their incredible store. EVERYONE should have a store like that!

Anonymous said...

Hiii Amy! :)
Your second card entry came out so fabulous! Your DeNami entries are always so fun to look at. Oh, and you and I are the same in the fact that I just LOVE using Stickles too! My collection of colors is always growing. haha.... I love the way you popped up the balloons and the gift box, and I also love the way you rotated the sketch. So cute!

Jenny said...

I love those puffy balloons!! I turned my sketch and it looks adorable!! Thanks for playing with us in the DeNami Challenge!!