Monday, August 30, 2010

Crafts: Act 1, Scene 4: DeNami Design Theme Challenge #3: Happy Birthday!

It's time again for another fabulous DeNami Design challenge! This challenge has a THEME: Happy Birthday! I was really excited to create a card using some incredible new stamps I recently bought as well as some new products. Take a look: I REALLY had a great time making this card. For one, I used my absolute favorite colors: green & blue! Plus, I definitely used the unofficial motto of my favorite craft store, Papertrix: "More is more!" I just couldn't resist adding bling all over this card! Also, I really love continuing the decorations onto the inside of the card, as you can see from the above picture. The wreath and flower stamps I used are from DeNami Design's newest collection. Make sure to check out their site. Their stamps are the BEST! Plus, here's a fun tip for you: All the ribbons used on this card were white....until I colored the wider, fuzzy ribbon blue by using my Copic markers. Isn't that fantastic? You can use Copics for EVERYTHING! Love 'em! I'm only 37 colors shy of owning every single Copic Ciao color! I can't wait to complete my collection! Thanks for checking out my blog, and let me know what you think! Plus, stay tuned. My newest show at Coachlight Musical Theatre opens this Friday, so check back for information about Brown County Bandstand! Supplies used: Stamps: Elegant Floral Wreath, Elegant Floral Solid Flower, Elegant Floral Blossom, For You, and Happy Birthday (all by DeNami Design) Inks: Memento (Tuxedo Black) & Brilliance (Sky Blue & Lime) Cardstock: Pearl (Darice) & Polka Dot paper (K & Company) Other: Silver Embossing Powder, Stickles, Ice Stickles, Copic Markers, Assorted Ribbons (colored using Copic markers), Adhesive Pearl. If you have any questions about specific colors or products used, feel free to ask!

4 comments:

Michele Gross said...

Just gorgeous!! I love all the sparkle and your layout is lovely!! What a fantastic birthday card :) So glad you joined us at the DeNami Design challenge!

Lisa Petrella said...

I LOVE those elegant floral images---so pretty! And I especially like the way you decorated the inside of the card, too!

Paulina said...

Wow- you put a lot of time into this card, Amy! I really love how the inside coordinates with the outside of the card!

Thanks for joining us in the DeNami birthday challenge!

Jenny said...

Love that you stamped inside the card, great idea! Great added details to this one! Thanks for playing in the DeNami Challenge with us!